Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 1

So I have never blogged before, but I have decided that today is a good day to begin. I am an alcoholic and i have been considering quitting alcohol all together. I am a daily drinker now and it has honestly gotten way out of hand. Drinking 6-12 beers on a nightly basis sometimes even 18-20 on a weekend night. I work about 55 hours a week and the rest of it is usually spent with a beer in my hand until i go to sleep. I am not looking for sympothy or even support, as this is something that I got into myself and now I am basically at the bottem of a big hole looking up. Today will be my 1st sober day in over a week and about the 2nd since new years. I am about to pour out around 100 dollars worth of whiskey, vodka, tequila, beer, rum, and whatever else I may have in my house. I am not expecting this to be easy, as quitting any addiction ever is. In due time I would like to apologize to anyone that I may have hurt or humiliated during my 12 year span as a consumer. It's all a bit hazy but i got drunk for the first time at the age of 15. I was a moderate drinker from 16-18, a bit crazy at the 19-23 range, more of a daily consumer from 24-27, and now I am 28 and pounding every drink I can. I have a history of depression, and it has been my way of coping basically half of my life "all of my adult life". If I was capable of just drinking on occassion I would do that, but I really just enjoy getting drunk alone every night. I don't think that alcohal is bad in moderation, I am just not a moderation style person. i will blog again soon everyday may not be possible, but i will have some free time on my hands so wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. you can totally do this, love. i'm so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete